Odd Jobs

I've often thought of writing a humorous memoir of the various hourly occupations that I've had over the years, particularly those that I held before I started teaching. Having entered the labor force at the age of twelve, I have worked in a truly random assortment of positions and professions over the years, ranging from assistant repo man to unpaid professional script reader, and from telephone line technician with a journeyman's license to no-budget documentary filmmaker. I've kept copious notes over the years, just in case any of the details ever slip away from me. This is one of those things that I think would make for a funny and compelling book; I just question who the audience might be... you know, other than me. I do have some funny stories in there, though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment