Connecting the Dots

As a multimedia artist, I find that switching between different formats helps prevent burnout in any one area. More often than not, I have two big projects going at once, each of which more or less balances out the other. When I need to take a break from writing, I play music. Sometimes I bake bread. Then I get back to writing, ready to kick some ass. 

The proof is in the productivity. Over the past four and a half years, I have written: one dissertation/academic book, four feature-length screenplays in multiple genres, five albums (fifty-four songs) of original music on which I play every instrument, two children's books and a literary novel. I shall soon begin working on my second novel as soon as I figure out which one I want to work on. I have what I like to think of as a garden of creative ideas in various stages of development. 

Not even Amazon knows that Zach Sands the author is the same person as Zach Sands the musician. This is why I have created this blog, where I can link to and write about all of my different projects. It also gives me a place where I can write about random things like pretzel recipes, homebrewing and the challenges of recording music in an open room with my kids playing video games in the background.

As always, if you like my work, please share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment