Junk Mail

Every week, I get emails from an academic site that tells me how many times my book has been cited by other scholars. I cannot say for certain that it is legitimate, as the number one rule in scholarship is to be skeptical. That, and I choose not to purchase their annual subscription, for therein lies the root of my skepticism.

That said, according to this site, I have now been cited 535 times in papers, books, and articles. I don't mean this as a humble brag, as I do have serious questions about the legitimacy of all of this. On the other hand, cool. Maybe that means people are reading my book after all.

Also, I was thinking about how hard it must be for a Nigerian prince to send emails. Spam filters must hate that guy. 

(It's a joke. Nigeria has a president as its head of state. Still, I'll bet nobody opens his emails, either.)


No comments:

Post a Comment